1. An advert/space reservation is considered to have been agreed, when an advertiser replies by email to the booking confirmation email sent by Lancaster Community Magazine Ltd. All advertisements orders are acknowledged in this way and by supplying copy or copy instructions for an advertisement, the advertiser is demonstrating consent to the reservation. We reserve the right to refuse to insert any advertisement even though accepted and paid for, and to make any alterations we deem necessary to maintain our standards. The advertiser will indemnify the proprietors and the printers against any damages they may sustain in consequence of publication of his/her advert.
2. The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher, except where a specifically requested preferred placement has been agreed in writing.
3. Where advertisement copy instructions are received no later than the appropriate copy date an emailed PDF proof will be supplied to the advertiser. Advertisers are reminded the purpose of a proof is to check the publisher has designed the advertisement according to instructions. Where a proof has been supplied and agreed prior to publication, no credit will be considered in respect of errors.
4. For adverts supplied that are not the exact size of the advert space booked or whose proportions cannot be easily adjusted, we reserve the right to include a frame or border to ensure ‘best fit’ on the page.
5. Whilst every care is taken to avoid mistakes, the publishers shall not be liable for any omission or inaccuracy in published advertisements of for the failure of an advertisement to appear for any reason whatsoever. Advertiser’s property, artwork etc are held at the owners’ risk and should be insured by them against loss or damage whatever cause. We do not hold ourselves responsible for the loss of artwork or photographs supplied.
6. Advertisements which do not conform to the Trade Descriptions Act, 1968 the Sex Discrimination Act, 1975, the Business Advertisements (Disclosure) Order, 1977 and other relevant legislation will be refused.
7. Adverts accepted on credit are due for payment in 14 days of the date of invoice except when an arrangement has been made by both parties to pay monthly by direct debit. Prepayment is strictly required from non credit account customers. Any complaint, claim or query (whether in relation to the Advertisement or an invoice) must be raised within seven days following the date of publication. No complaint, claim or query shall affect the liability of the Buyer / Advertiser for payment by the due time of the Publisher’s charges for that and all other Advertisements.
8. We reserve the right to apply interest and debit recovery charges on overdue accounts and charge costs incurred in respect of dishonoured cheques.
9. Advertising Agency commission is paid at the discretion of the publisher. Where agreement has been reached it is on the understanding that the Agency has accepted these conditions. We reserve the right to with hold commission where agencies consistently breach payment terms.
10. The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy or other material, which the publisher or its employees have originated, contributed to or reworked shall rest with the publisher. The publisher is hereby authorised to record, reproduce, publish, distribute and broadcast (or to permit to do the same) all supplied advertisements (including but not limited to text, artwork and photographs) and to include and make them available in any information service, electronic or otherwise.
11. In the event of copy not being supplied on time, the proprietors reserve the right to repeat any previous advertisement without further reference and at the same insertion charge, to compose an advertisement on behalf of the advertiser using what information is available to us, or go to press without the advertisement, for which a full charge will be made in the same manner as for a late cancellation.
12. Advertisement rates are subject to immediate revision at any time and orders accepted on condition that the price binds the publisher only in respect to the next issue to go to press. In the event of a rate increase, the advertiser or agent will have the option of cancelling the order or of continuing at the revised rates.
13. Cancellation of an advertising space must be made in writing, a minimum of 30 days prior to the deadline of the next edition. Advert cancellations will not be accepted within 30 days of the advertising space closing date. Cancellation of series bookings will incur a retrospective charge on insertions already published.
14. The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulation on an agency’s order form or elsewhere by an agency or an advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.
15. The publisher shall not be liable for any cost or damages if for any reason the advertisement is not published and are not liable for delay in delivery and/or non-delivery in the event of an act of God, action of government entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes either legal or illegal, labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown or any condition beyond the control of the publisher affecting production or delivery in any manner.
16. The Publisher shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation, business interruption and loss of profits, business, goodwill, anticipated savings, information and data) whether arising out of negligence, breach of contract or otherwise and whether or not the party was advised of the possibility of such loss by the other.
17. In no circumstances shall the total liability of the Publisher for any error or omission exceed the charge for the Advertisement in question.